Ephesians 5:33b: And the wife should respect her husband.
Respect is his primary need, his deepest desire.

I Put My Followers First

Monday, October 18, 2010

While He's Away

My husband goes to work and school today!  

I'm unemployed and attempting to work from home.  When this stint first started (last April) my husband's work hours increased to forty per week.  That lasted a few months and then - they reduced his hours to three per week.  Not three per day - three hours per week.

That means that he is underfoot a lot.  I don't know about you but I have a difficult time cleaning when he is home.  I especially struggle with de-cluttering when he is home.  


We accumulate stuff and it gets put on the dining room table, the first flat surface inside our front door.  It only takes two days of mail delivery for the piles to start: catalogs, neighborhood newspapers, invitations, receipts, shopping bags, and all other things that aren't taken to the computer room to be dealt with immediately - like bills or pictures from my grandchildren.  


When I attempt to toss any of it in the trash, he's right there to oversee the project.  


"What's that?  Why are you throwing that away?  Don't we need to keep that?"


What perfect timing is this day?  He is at work and Courtney, at Women Living Well, has issued the third weekly challenge in the "Making Your Home a Haven" blog hop.

1. Pick an area of your home where clutter collects and put something there to contain it. 
Done! 


I already keep an antique steamer trunk handy; right beside the dining room table.  


That's where everything goes that I'm not ready to deal with!  Inside is a treasure trove of junk - including paint brushes, books, Christmas lights, unused binders, fabric samples, paint swatches, menus from our favorite delivery restaurant, the Schwan's catalog, a spring table scarf, pens, a bag of balloons, and even a twig of an artificial Christmas tree.  


You see, I have a pretty good idea of what's in there in spite of the fact that it is full to the brim.  The trunk has a camel's back top so there's room to go if I need it.


Then, when "the spirit moves me" or Courtney issues a challenge, I can deal with it.  I like her challenge today.  

2. Set a timer for 20 minutes, grab a trash bag and walk through your house throwing stuff away! 

I don't even have to "walk" through my house. I can pull up a chair and sit right down.

Hey!

Check it OUT!

Right on top is the Hickory Farms box I saved last Christmas.

I wanted to decoupage the top and create another catch-all box for somewhere in the house.

Now, where did I put those old magazines?  The ones I was going to use to cover the box top?

I know they're in here somewhere?





Dear Readers - 

I am competing against other bloggers to win a job - blogging.   I've been unemployed for six months and the checks are running out.  By winning I would receive a lap top and a substantial salary for writing five blog posts a week for six months.  It would mean having another job without transportation costs!  Since I don't drive anymore - this is the ideal arrangement for me.    

Everyone is permitted to vote once a day.  Without your help - as often as you can - I will not get the job.  The purpose in this type of recruitment is to prove that I can reach a large audience and keep it growing.  You are the audience.  Will you help the numbers grow?

To Vote
Then click the blue VOTE button
No registration required.
No forms to fill out.

I truly appreciate your help,

And now, on with the hop!


1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

So easy to want to spend all the time with hubby. I can relate when my hubby comes home from deployments or is on vacation at home. :) Thank you for your kind comments and thoughts on my blog today!

Voted for you!

Can I get an Amen?