Ephesians 5:33b: And the wife should respect her husband.
Respect is his primary need, his deepest desire.

I Put My Followers First

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Equally Yoked

Sutter's Fort, Sacramento, CA
1 Peter 3

 Likewise, ye wives,
be in subjection to your own husbands;
that, if any obey not the word,
they also may without the word
be won by the conversation of the wives;

 While they behold your chaste conversation
coupled with fear.
 Whose adorning let it not be
that outward adorning of plaiting the hair,
and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

 But let it be the hidden man of the heart,
in that which is not corruptible,
even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,
which is in the sight of God of great price.

 For after this manner in the old time
the holy women also, who trusted in God,
adorned themselves,
being in subjection unto their own husbands:

 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham,
calling him lord:
whose daughters ye are,
as long as ye do well,
and are not afraid with any amazement.

~ ~ ~

Linked with


Internet Cafe Devotions
There are very few rules, in fact the beauty of this ministry is the creative expression that God reveals Himself thorough.  We marvel at the creativity that participants post with this meme. We encourage the ” post behind the picture,” or the reflections that many of the participants share. We ask that  non-biblical resources not be used.

WFW is not about books, authors, artists.. it’s about God and HIS WORD ONLY. WFW is about celebrating the gift of creativity through God’s Word.





9 comments:

Amy Sullivan said...

Sharon,
PERFECT picture and PERFECT verse. I am always encouraged when I stop by. Thank you.

Cyndi said...

I am holding fast to the truth of God's word in these verses. Thank you Sharon for this inspiration! I am always blessed by your posts. :) May God continue to bless you!

lori said...

What a FANTASTIC image that you've shared here with us!

I'm taking this one with me...
blessings and peace,
lori

Wanda said...

Nice photo you choose to accompany this verse. Happy WFW!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the comments above. Happy WFW!

Ruth said...

beautiful post.. i need this..!!

Blessings,
Ruth

Shawnie Cannon said...

I really love that photo and the scripture with it. Thank you for this inspiration. Peace.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this post gives me something to think about...thanks.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for the reminder of this important subject. I think we all need to be reminded of these words occasionally.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Can I get an Amen?