Ephesians 5:33b: And the wife should respect her husband.
Respect is his primary need, his deepest desire.

I Put My Followers First

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Proverbs 31 Work at Home Woman

A Wise Woman Builds Her HomeToday, I am happy to join a "link up of all the great ideas that are out there to inspire us on how we can help contribute to our homes monetarily and bless our husbands and families" called "The Proverbs 31 Work at Home Woman".

When I married my husband in 2005 I knew that our financial well-being would depend on me. My husband was permanently disabled by a major stroke in 1995 (six years before I met him). I had a decent job with an adequate salary. He was employed a few hours each week and drawing a disability check. He began vocational rehabilitation training shortly after we married which he completed three years later.

He went to work for Target Stores where he hoped to operate the cash register as he had been trained. But, his duties are limited by his disabilities which are both physical and language related. He cannot read or write due to aphasia. To relearn reading has become the "impossible dream". Having the full use of only one hand reduces his speed so his tasks are not time sensitive. But Target has been gracious to keep him employed though his hours seldom exceed 16 hours per week. Except, except when miracles happen - as they sometimes do.

Then, last February, I was laid off from my full-time job. Necessity IS the mother of invention, so I began designing and selling greeting cards to fulfill "Your Husband's Deepest Desire".  


2 comments:

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Yes, necessity is the mother of invention--I absolutely agree! thanks for linking up and have a blessed day building up your sacred home!

Many blessings...

His Talmidat said...

Your cards are great! What a wonderful thought. There are so few guy friendly cards out there, especially that aren't just horribly crass. Great job! May God bless your work!

Can I get an Amen?