Ephesians 5:33b: And the wife should respect her husband.
Respect is his primary need, his deepest desire.

I Put My Followers First

Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Morning Heart Strings



Nature's Heart Strings

Nature had a message and a memory for me this morning.  The early morning sunlight played upon the leaves of the neighbor's squash vine that had worked its way through the back fence, oblivious to manmade boundaries.  I took the camera out in hopes to capture a moment of the magic.  When I scrolled the photographs on the screen I caught sight of the artistry of God - an image of a heart and its heart strings.  

I appreciate the phrase "tug at the heart strings". 

It adequately conveys the feeling that lovers feel when the connection is made - as if your heart can no longer be restrained by your body.  Or that sensation of feeling your heart tugging at its moorings to soar into heaven somehow - as if your heart was not the center of your mortal life force but was, more rightly, the center of your immortal soul.  

I remember.  Goodness, even my body remembers, the first time "it" happened.  When the sight of "him", my soon-to-be husband, tugged at my heart strings.  Sitting on the bus bench beside him and catching the briefest glimpse of my perfect match.  In his eyes was a look that moved me more than any sultry scene with Cary Grant; even more than the sexy voice of Sean Connery.   It was a fleeting moment, beyond the veil and shroud of life's trials and health's decay.  Yes, there it was - sparkling, shimmering within the twinkle of his eye, creeping along the crinkled wrinkles of his face.

Today is Friday, date night, and it would seem that Nature knew that I needed a gentle reminder, a tug at the "old" heart strings.


Saturday Sampling

13 comments:

Pat said...

This is a real "Friday Feel Good"

Tylaine said...

What beautiful sentiments to go with an incredible picture of the amazing beauty of nature.
Now who says there is no God??

Adrienne said...

I love that picture. What a great reminder before a date! ;)

Thanks for the comment love on Shell's BFF.

I love your blog. I am so thankful for God's word and his reminders and instruction to us as women and wives!

Tracie Nall said...

What a great picture....and a wonderful reminder. When we get lost in the day to day stress and life it is easy to forget that first tug on the heartstrings.

Unknown said...

Very beautifully written post. I love the photo! Thank you so much for the book recommendations, I've just looked them up on the internet and they look really good. I shall have to give them a closer look!

Laura Lynn said...

I love the picture. How perfectly it shows the heart strings and God's details. I love your post - poetic!

RN Mama said...

What a neat picture! Thanks for linking up to FGF :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I have enjoyed my visit in your blog. I is so uplifing and peaceful here.
Thank you for sharing the Heart Strings.

Amanda M. said...

This is a beautiful post and a BEAUTIFUL picture!

Holly said...

Great post, with a beautiful photo! I loved the part about it being "as if your heart can no longer be restrained by your body." I always tell my boyfriend it feels like my heart is exploding...but in a good way. But it's like that, as if it no longer fits in my chest.

Claire said...

This is my first time visiting your blog - I love it! I also love the way you describe seeing your husband for the first time - that is so sweet!! Hope you had fun on your date night!

Anonymous said...

I'm an occasional reader going anonymous to protect the identity of an alcoholic I love. Congratulations to your dh. My alcoholic just passed the 4month sober mark, for the 3rd or 4th time.

Mommy2Four said...

Beautiful post...... :)

Beautiful reminder

Can I get an Amen?