Ephesians 5:33b: And the wife should respect her husband.
Respect is his primary need, his deepest desire.

I Put My Followers First

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Woman's Divine Role

;Awareness Wed Button

This is a blog hop for posts about causes.   Bloggers are invited to write a post about a cause that drives a passion within them; "a serious cause" the hop host requests.    I've been contemplating a definition for my cause for many days, unaware that this hop existed.  I admit, it provides motivation to get these things said.  


This past weekend I was participating in a Facebook conversation regarding traditional marriage, California's Proposition 8, and the media's coverage of both sides of the cause.  A friend of a friend had "voiced" annoyance at people who "blog and rail" against homosexuality.   I responded.
I do not blog or rail against anything - I blog for something. 
Miscommunication appears to occur when a person is in favor of traditional marriage - i.e. protective of the description and the covenant that has been accepted for thousands of years. People (media included) assume that the person is anti- gay. That cannot be assumed. I am no more anti-gay than I am anti-Muslim, anti-Hindi or anti-Jewish because I believe in Christ. 
When I blog about biblical marriage, my blogging is about enhancing, improving biblical marriage through obedience to the commandments of God concerning marriage. My blogging is intended to clearly communicate my support of biblical law concerning marriage - for the sake of those marriages. 
Please, allow me to say it again.  I blog for something.  I blog for a wife's role in marriage as defined by God.  I blog most specifically about how a wife can respect her husband, as directed in Ephesians 5:33b.

This may seem an unusual, trivial or peculiar cause to those who would take up the standard for causes related to health, environment, the human condition, rights of man and animal, etc.  There are, undoubtedly, thousands of causes more recognizable than mine.  

As I have watched this world, my country, fall to pieces all around me I stand firm upon an original principle.  There is strength in adherence to God's established pattern.  There is victory in obedience to His plan.  There is peace in attaining His promise.  

My cause is to magnify God's pattern, plan and promise for women.


My blogging is intended 
to clearly communicate 
my support of biblical law 
concerning marriage - 
for the sake of those marriages. 

6 comments:

Holly said...

Sharon, thanks so much for participating! This is a beautiful cause! ;D

I definitely am not wanting just those with a BIG or well-known cause to participate. There was a lady that was promoting "National Smile Week" and I told her she should link it up! That's great too! Smiling makes the world a better place!!

Wear your ribbon proudly and you will make a difference! ((HUGS))

Mommy2Four said...

I really like how you articulated that.... how you aren't anti anything.... you are FOR something.

Beautiful post... and thank you for your comments about your daughter on my blog. I love connecting with other families who have walked this journey, and I have so much respect for those of you who did this before it was so easy to connect with other families for support.....hats off to you and your daughter, and happy birthday to her!

Karen T said...

AMEN!! My feelings exactly! I have had the same problem with being Pro Choice regarding abortion. Advocating for a person's choice is not the same is being for abortion. You can be against having one and yet still support other women's right to make their own choice. With marriage, I believe in the same definition you do, but that doesn't mean that I have any ill feelings for those who believe differently. Thank you for your post!

Penny said...

Amen sister!!! So very well said! Just last night at our ladies Bible Study we talked about Jehovah-tsidkenu - The Lord our Righteousness.

Of course a conversation about righteousness brings up topics of unrighteousness. I shared with them that the only standard that we can truly rely on is God's standard. No human standard is going to satisfactory. But God's standard and God's righteousness will bring us the joy and peace we so desperately seek.

You made it to mine first yesterday! I'm behind on visiting everyone.

blessings!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Amen!

We have discussed this issue a LOT in our house as I have a son who is 20 and is, by his own definition, a radical Christian. (He seems to believe that God is calling him to be a missionary in Muslim countries, particularly Iraq, and is well aware that it could very well cost him his life.) He has forced me to rethink my stances on many things as my habit as a Christian is to turn my nose up at, and my face away from, sin! He agrees that what God says is sin ... is sin! But he wants to embrace and love the sinner and lead them to Jesus rather than trying to clean them up first. I think God prefers his heart to mine!

Anonymous said...

I like it:-)

Can I get an Amen?